What's new
Florida sheriff encourages residents to shoot looters breaking into homes

Will AR 15 Prices Go Up?

GunBuyer

trimma

Okay so, every day there is something crazy happening on the news, either some place getting shot up, someone shooting illegally, or politicians holding debates on why they should ban AR15s in United States. I don’t want to sit here and write political novels, lol, I am just trying to get some opinions from community members who are for the 2nd amendment. Do you guys think that all these things will result in a jacking up of AR 15 prices? I hope ARs don’t ever get banned, but do you think all of this heat on the AR 15 will cause the price to increase? Let me know what you guys think of all this. I think it’s a pretty interesting topic to discuss.

TheSlayer

You actually bring up a good point. I personally think it might actually go up in near future. I didn't even think about this before!!!

Baltica

My honest opinion about this is that not just AR's but guns in general will turn into gold in future. I think the guns will have more value than the currencies itself and that's because of the government officials threatening to take only thing people have to defend themselves with. But to answer your question, there is a great possibility of increase in price.

Fressity

They will go up, but not how you would think. My prediction is that the Chinesium parts prices will go up. And if they go up enough to meet the standard American prices, then the American market AR-15 will have more chance to compete in the low budget world.

Testiff

The whole thing is that, guns will never be gone. It would be a great if no one ever needed a gun but that just is not realistic. And it isn't even a gun, but a means to defend oneself with whatever they deem necessary.

Marcus

Well prices has actually gone up ever since this crazy COVID19 pandemic. I think more this situation worsens and tension escalates the value of AR will go up because the demand is going up and the supplies are getting shortened. So online ecomm stores have already jacked up their prices and people don't really give a shit about the price at this point. They are buying with FEAR which is driving the market.

matron

You see right now due to the COVID19 everything has been difficult, people think it’s the end of the world and they are panic buying. At the moment there is not even a AR15 parts supplies out there to buy. All manufacturing companies are 6+ weeks out on their production and fulfilling their orders. This creates more demand, and when the demand is high prices go up high. So right now I’ve see some stores increasing their prices 50% and are still selling out, so we are seeing the value of AR15 increasing as we speak.

carrona

As crazy as this sounds I think that way the world is going guns are looking to become a better currency than a currency. I mean imagine if civil war started, do you think people are going to care about money? Yes but what they are going to care about most is the protection so guns provide protection and people will do everything to get their hands on some guns, so I do believe that in near future value of guns will go up in general and especially AR15.

unelected

I think it’s already going up in price. AR is going to be like stocks soon ? literally everyone wants one right now, especially with all the riots and shit that’s going on in U.S. right now.

Ravenous

I see some companies are jacking up the product prices recently. If everyone does that then we are going to have a huge increase in prices. I am not sure that's necessarily a good thing.

plank

You know, everyone wants to find the next winning investment and those who ask questions are normally awake enough to find the right direction. I think this man is up to something asking a interesting question as to “Will AR15 prices go up?” I think that it will.

Even if we look at it from the perspective of metal.

In a long term, you can expect all metals to increase in value. Metals are consumable resources, some of which are already past the half way consumed point - the EASY half!

That being said, when the value of metal goes up, things that are made out of metal will also go up. Therefore AR15 which is made out of metal can increase in price.

Also the demand is super high, especially at this moment, not just U.S. but the entire world is trying to get their hands on rifles and guns and most of the firearm online stores are out of stock. Delayed shipping, shortage of supply, increase of demand, prices will go up for sure in near future.

oven

Right now people are actually panic buying the products on the market. This will not last long. Prices will drop eventually but if the federal banking system goes to shit because dollar is crashing. The value of gold, silver and metal will rise. It’s something I would consider as a yes theory on this one.

FLAMMA

Here’s my philosophy. All though there is a shortage of supply right now. Demand has skyrocketed. Prices are up but not crazy up. If Trump doesn’t get elected for the next term, you will see some sky high prices. But regardless of who wins the elections. You should be buying parts and building rifles. Weekly ?

scooper

Prices might be going up but I can't even find the products to buy right now. Every online store is 2 months out on products. This is wild.

Thomas More

Look's like there might be a civil war if things don't calm down in U.S.
People are 'fear' buying their firearms right now. That's why we have the shortage of supply. Surprisingly even with high demand / low supply we still don't see huge increase in firearm prices.

R. Soldier

Look's like there might be a civil war if things don't calm down in U.S.
People are 'fear' buying their firearms right now. That's why we have the shortage of supply. Surprisingly even with high demand / low supply we still don't see huge increase in firearm prices.
If Joe Biden wins, him and Kamala Harris are going to take all AR's away and ban them in general. If they win then you will see prices jump up crazy.