What's new
Florida sheriff encourages residents to shoot looters breaking into homes

Why Did Polymer80 Get Raided?

GunBuyer

TheRedCelt

If you want to illegally steal my property and accuse me of a crime I did not commit you'd better have a warrant. Trump needed to clean these people out. Seriously!!

GUN TIMES

Wake up Law-abiding sheep 🐑 They sure as Hell Don’t go after the Rioters and looters ! They fight Back.. Sheep go to slaughter..

ASMR BULLY

If you want to illegally steal my property and accuse me of a crime I did not commit you'd better have a warrant. Trump needed to clean these people out. Seriously!!
Lets be realistic, Trump's done no favors either. He's a life long registered democratic draft dodger until he ran for president. There's been more anti 2A orders from this executive branch than the previous 8 years. Let's first deal with the facts than fears of what might happen. The receipt form says it was turned in at the ATF office. Seems more likely they started cold calling the list to see who answered and told them to show up. Its not realistic for them to visit every buyer and hope they're home

Brusch

They been in business for 4 years and the build shoot kits are fairly new and they do business on the web not out a van assembled in the hood sold to gangs we need to back these business gun owners show support to them and new gun owners if you wish to keep this right 35.7 million guns sold in a year and that's a big portion are new gun owners maybe a few p80 builds on there list as well 2 amendment stay safe stay armed stay tactical.

Craig Conway

What is the point of ATF..lol.. Alcohol is legal.. Tobacco is legal.. Firearms are legal.. I think the last part is covered by shall not be infringed.. of course those in Tienanmen were unarmed.. as were those at Kent state..

Koenigscat

They are going rogue thinking Trump isn't going to be president any longer...just the start under Harris/Biden administration, one thing turns into many confiscations.

Bearnard

Everyone needs to stop freaking out about government taking our rights to bear arms. You guys don’t know what Polymer80 guys were up to. Just because you bought a product from them doesn’t mean you know shit. There is 100 different things that could be taking place. P80 didn’t even update their social media accounts ever since the raid happened. They could of actually done something illegal, maybe it was all about how they marketed their products or maybe they even went this far to get some public visibility because bad news or good news your name is on everyone’s news feed 🤣 so chill out and stay patient, read stuff, analyze and choose correct decisions. Right now there is nothing else to do but wait for the statement from Polymer80 team.

Liberty brothers

ATF new guidelines for pistol braces.

Optics: What kind of optics you are using will change the classification. For example, a red-dot will be fine, but a popular LPVO scope will not be (or even a red-dot with a magnifier). Why? Eye-relief on magnified optics require you to shoulder them to use them.

Secondary Grip: Have a vertical foregrip? Now you have an illegal SBR/SBS.

Accessories: This is an extra scary one. Bipods, or even "high capacity magazines", could determine that you are no longer in compliance with the law, and they don't even specify what the magazine capacity limit is.

So what are your options? They give you four. You can destroy the firearm, give it to the government, strip it of the non-compliant accessories, or.... register it tax-free as an SBR/SBS. The final option is to register it while having your tax-stamp fee waved, which would be the largest federal gun registration in history, and many believe that that's exactly their plan. Keep in mind though, the ATF has less than 10 employees to process tax stamps nationwide for suppressors, machine guns, AOWs, and SBR/SBS as it is, so an influx of potentially millions of new applications would delay the process by years, effectively blocking civilians from owning these items.

branko

It's not the ATF job to regulate and Trace nice they do not need anything the only their only job with a nics check is to see if this person does not have a criminal record it is not their right nor their job to record serial numbers weapons type and who has them that's none of their damn business.

Syndicate

It's not the ATF job to regulate and Trace nice they do not need anything the only their only job with a nics check is to see if this person does not have a criminal record it is not their right nor their job to record serial numbers weapons type and who has them that's none of their damn business.
That's right! When the ATF was formed in 1972 (40 years after the St Valentine massacre) their job was to protect law-abiding citizens from gangsters and criminals using automatic weapons. Since the mobs of the 20's and 30's are no longer living and that threat to law-abiding citizens is over, and full autos, sawed off shotguns were already banned, they have been looking for ways since then to justify their existence. I think the ATF needs to stick to their main objective of protecting us from criminals with illegal weapons and leave us law-abiding citizens alone. A weapon of ANY kind and its accessories in the hands of people who would never even think about hurting or killing anyone for any reason other than self defense does not constitute regulations or bans. 99 percent of us either collect guns for investment, use them for hunting, target shooting, personal and home protection. We cannot help that they wont or cannot do their jobs and keep weapons out of the 1 percent's ( Mentally unstable/ Criminals) hands. Plus the fact they all took an oath to protect and defend the constitution like all government officials, and turn around and break that oath, they should all be abolished. IDK I ramble when I'm pissed. Sorry. But I think we are all fed up.

Koenigscat

I am a gun owner (I think it is up to 29 or 30) and a conservative. That being said, some of you in the comments are just nuts. It is not unconstitutional to have regulations that limit some of our “rights”. Under the 1st Amendment, you have the right to free speech, freedom of religion, and freedom of the press. That does not give you the right to yell fire in a crowded building, practice a religion that allows for sexual acts on minors, or for the press to make up stories (well, the liberals and the MSM does do that, but no one has done anything about it). Your right to protest does not allow you to block traffic or intimidate others (again, these rules don’t seem to apply to liberals). I could give many more examples that are not “protected” by the 1st Amendment and are rightfully prohibited. The same goes for the 2nd Amendment, regulations of certain items and who can own a gun is perfectly constitutional. The 2nd Amendment does not protect bump stops, arm braces, or suppressors. Those items are accessories and are not required to operate a firearm. And don’t argue that some people need the arm braces. The 99.9% of those that used them as stocks screwed that up for them. Even limiting the number of rounds is not unconstitutional, it is just stupid and does not accomplish anything. Background checks, prohibiting those with felonies and mental health issues from owning a gun, and those under the age of 18 is also well within the right of the government. Restricting full auto or SBR or SBS is pushing the limits of regulations, but it has held up in the courts. And anyone saying that The Constitution protects your rights to own explosives or explosive devices is just full of shit.

clomph

I am a gun owner (I think it is up to 29 or 30) and a conservative.
Your example of limits of rights only goes toward your rights don't supersede others rights. You yelling fire in a crowded building can cause danger or panic. Which has killed people before from stampedes. Rights that begin to get limited, don't stop being limited. It started years ago, and now they say we cant have braces, bump stocks or poly80s. It wont stop. Soon under Biden we will have to register and pay a tax for every semi auto firearm and magazine holding more than 10 rounds.... I would pay 12k at least.... And put on a registry... You got that money laying around? Otherwise you turn them in. Come on man. Stop being an ignorant moron.

SoldierTroy

The 2nd amendment does not protect murder (harm with a weapon), just like you’re saying the first amendment does not protect harm. Learn the difference, there is nothing immoral or unethical about wanting a 15” barrel, nothing immoral about having safer control of a firearm with a vertical grip, nothing immoral about pistol braces if that’s what allows you to defend yourself.

Don’t forget, the founders of this country were the most violent felons of the era, ask the British.

smoggy

What's the point of the 2nd amendment? It's to deter a tyrannical government, foreign or domestic. If they whittle legal firearms down to a single shot .22, you think soldiers with M4s, MP5s, SAWs, Barret's, M24s, grenades, drones, etc. are going to fear the people? Fuck no. And you lose your freedom. What's the opposite of freedom? Slavery

"...the ATF's mission to keep guns from criminals." How are laws supposed to have any effect on what criminals have, or do? By their very nature, "criminals" have no regard for laws. Criminals disregard laws, and sometimes get caught. Other times, they do not. The immense amount of "illicit" drug use in the world is stark testimony to the failure of laws having their intended effect. The only people that are affected by Gun Laws are people who obey laws, not criminals. Hence, Gun Laws primarily affect the people we aren't worried about. We ought to, instead, focus on the actual criminal USE of firearms, rather than the firearms themselves.