What's new
Florida sheriff encourages residents to shoot looters breaking into homes

Looking to build a AR

Good American

I am looking to build a AR-15 Rifle, can someone please name all the parts I need to build it I have a builder but was told to order my own parts...Not Gonna go crazy expensive on my first build. Please don't suggest me things that will break my bank account :sneaky:

Doug Joyce

Right now is one of the worst times decide to do your first build. Availability on parts is pretty scarce. Speaking of the facts, these following companies have parts at affordable pricing.

1. Ormond Arms (Fairly cheap, Top quality, good customer service and fast shipping).
  2. Aero Precision (Little Expensive, high quality, slower shipping and good customer service).
  3. Cheaper Than Dirt (They price gauge you just have to be careful but normally they have good prices, parts are quality, shipping is pretty fast as well, customer service is good).
  4. Daytona Tactical (Cheap parts, great quality, good customer service, slow shipping).
  5. Thunder Guns (Good company, Cheap prices, Top quality products, slow shipping).
These are the companies you can choose from to shop your parts at. Do your own research before buying from any companies. Read online reviews, watch YouTube videos of influencers reviewing them and most importantly call them speak with them and obtain some information to validate your purchasing decision.

These companies are also fairly cheap. You can check them out.

I'v attached the direct links of the reviews that I found on this forum. You can check out and see some reviews. Just like the guy said above, always do your research and ask more community members. The best experience you will have is your own. So don't be afraid to invest, at the end of the day you will learn a lesson that nothing but that experience would teach you.

Mudpuppy

If you want a list of parts to buy I'd first start googling how to build an AR-15. It's a bit too complex to give out instructions on here. All detailed.

SoldierTroy

If you want a list of parts to buy I'd first start googling how to build an AR-15. It's a bit too complex to give out instructions on here. All detailed.
That is completely incorrect. First of all his already on this forum asking for help. Instead of navigating him to go on Google. Why don't you start with simple common sense?

This forum has a search bar. Go ahead and type up the information you are searching for there. If you search on Google there is a chance that some content is censored and that is the same reason why these kind of forum communities were established in the first place.

If you don't find the information you are searching for, make a thread and note to community members. Hey have you guys seen a thread related to budget building an AR-15 Rifle? or guide how to build it yourself? If no one links you to that information then you can search elsewhere.

Form what I see these are the useful threads related to your question outlined below.

1. AR-15 PARTS LIST
  2. HOW TO BUILD AN AR-15 LOWER RECEIVER? COMPLETION MANUAL
  3. AR-15 LOWER MANUAL MILLING DRAWING
  4. AR-15 LOWER HOW-TO GUIDE FOR DRILL FIXTURE
  5. AR-15 LOWER INSPECTION DRAWING
  6. AR-15 PRACTICE BLOCK COMPARISON DRAWING
You can also watch YouTube videos. You can find many great step-by-step tutorials on how to build or what to buy. Also remember to make some friends on here or other forums. You never know when you need someones help.

pf21

Order a build kit from palmetto state armory, get one that comes with a complete upper, lower parts kit, and a stock and grip. Once you have one of those build kits all you’ll need to buy is a stripped lower receiver and chose what optic you wanna put on it. That’s probably the second easiest way of doing it besides buying a complete rifle from somewhere. If I can find one of PSAs kits I’ll link you to it via PM.