What's new
Florida sheriff encourages residents to shoot looters breaking into homes

Is $600 for 1,000 rounds of 5.56 to much?

GunBuyer

steeller

It's way the hell too much. These companies are really gouging the shit out of the ammunition prices. It should be illegal. In fact I think it is since we are in a national emergency.

Marcus

It's way the hell too much. These companies are really gouging the shit out of the ammunition prices. It should be illegal. In fact I think it is since we are in a national emergency.
It's a free market you commie fuck. You don't want to pay market price. Then you can fuck right off.

NamelessX

@steeller I’m willing to bet you’d be pissed if I charged your granny $1,000 to change a capacitor on her A/C unit. But hey free market right.

pinwheel

In today’s market it’s not terrible. Yes. It used to be cheaper but I’d rather pay the 600 and have ammo then keep shopping and pay more or not get it at all. If you need to bullets then but them. If you already have enough then maybe you can afford to wait for a better price.

Chowder

I don't know why some people like to overcomplicate things.
It all comes down to, Low Supply Vs. High demand that is what's causing the price gouging. Simple economics!

boba

That is absolutely gouging, before all this you could get 1000 rounds for about 300-400 for any brass cased round that wasn't an OTM or SP. For steel cased you could get em for like 250ish per 1000.

Elvagon

That's about the same as what I just had to pay... wish I had stocked up before. Now I can't even get 10 rounds lol

crysto

I don't know that that's a good price. Can’t find any ammo anywhere myself but that is about $1.66 a round, so I would say no. Also spoke to a friend of line that says ammo may be out of stock until mid summer next year. It is crazy.

Apollo

Way too much. You guys are overpaying big time. But I guess that’s the price you pay for last minute panic buying. If you guys would calm down and cool it, supply and demand would even back out and prices would come back down. How many times have I sat and watched the firearm community do this to itself? At this point, it has become an entertaining show for me to watch. All jokes aside though, I am going to grab my popcorn out of my microwave. I think it's ready!

GALVARINO

You people that keep stock piling it at this price are idiots. You all weren’t prepared so now the rest of us have to pay two or more times the price to go shoot because you clowns freaked out.
🖕🏾
Going to really laugh when trump gets re-elected and prices go way back down sometime next year.

American Patriot

Listen up, If you didn't have 10's of thousands of rounds before this panic buying started, I hate to say this but you're doomed.
Everyone saying this isn't fair and all, either doesn't understand how supply and demand work, or don't care at all. The price is whatever the buyer will pay.

Rebbit

The only reason they are asking that much for it is because dumb motherfuckers are out there actually buying this shit.

fueled

I can tell you my experience, I've never paid more than $300 for 1K of [Federal] 5.56.
I've also never paid more than $200 for 1K of steel cased 5.56.

Nova

I'd say it's actually gouging I'm old enough and I've done enough business to understand supply and demand, but I can pick up that same amount for $200 everyday around here by me in Wisconsin.. I mean I don't know exactly where this guy's from but damn... I'd say $600 is quite steep and then I could see somewhere around 3:00 to 3:50 depending on his location and demand there as well as the lack of supplies but $600 seems extremely steep to me.