What's new
Florida sheriff encourages residents to shoot looters breaking into homes

I gotta question

tornadino

I just went from a 16 1/2", 1-8 twist, 5.56 / .223 Diamondback to a 18", 1-7 twist, 223 Wylde Diamondback. Other than a slight increase in velocity, shouldn't I also be able to shoot 68gr bullets and expect better accuracy? My other Diamondback shot sub MOA with 62gr bullets.

Frankie J

allot comes into play, those details don't determine the end result. the type of bullet, design, FMJ vs hollow point and any other type including if its a SS109. your best beat is to check what the manufacturer of your ammo tests its ammo with. every ammo manufacturer uses a particular barrel to test bullets and that is where they get the data on the box. check with the manufacturer if your barrel is in the same spec as the one the bullets are tested against. some bullets need 1:8 to do better and some need 1:7, etc.... In some cases shorter barrels are better for some rounds. are you shooting 5.56 ammo or .223? they have a slight difference in pressure. this is a rough idea and is a generalization of twist to bullet weight not factoring in barrel length but in 223 and 556 length should get you better accuracy in general

1602381951980.png