What's new
Florida sheriff encourages residents to shoot looters breaking into homes

How to purchase a ghost gun legally

GunBuyer

Kronos

Administrator
Staff member
How to purchase a ghost gun legally.

Since the term ghost gun and loophole have been used very loosely in the media for a few years, I would like to shed some light on the legalities of purchasing the aforementioned item. I’d like this to notify people who may just be getting into the gun world, because the fear that the liberal media perpetuates about guns stops a lot of potential owners from taking their first step. That is in my opinion, really. So let's go over ghost guns.

Ghost gun is a term used by the liberal left as a form of propaganda against the 80% lower market. Somewhere along the way, the people began to think that it was their business to know anything and everything about someone’s own firearm. The 80% lower is a tool many use in order to minimize Government interference of gun ownership. Where the sale and exchange of firearms is heavily regulated by the ATF and state Governments, the 80% lower can more or less subside those regulations, because purchasing an 80% lower is not the same as purchasing a firearm. However, what they don’t like telling people is that the ATF has known about 80% lowers and the market, and has released several letters on them, every single one of them noting that it is not illegal to purchase a ghost gun AR-15.

80% lowers are not considered firearms because they are sold incomplete. It is up to the builder, using whatever jig kit, CNC machine, or whatever-have-you, to make it into a functioning AR-15. Well, needless to say, the democrats haven’t liked gun ownership since the 1930s and have been hell-bent on culling it by any means. Thus the term ghost gun is born.

So there is no real way to illegally purchase a ghost gun. It is just like buying a piece of card stock from a store, however, you're not making a paper AR-15.

How can you buy a ghost gun? Well that's even simpler than explaining how you can’t illegally purchase an 80 lower. If you’re reading this, then you most certainly already have the means to do it. Go online, check an ad on the forum, and start clicking away.

While all of this information is meant to educate, it is still up to you to educate yourself on your state laws as they vary. While purchasing a ghost gun is legal, there are still illegal modifications, and don’t get me started on California, that make owning them much more of a hassle.

ghost.jpg

Zeus

Staff member
Very nice description of the legalities of buying ghost guns. While there is a lot more to be mentioned in a legal sense, people should not be afraid of purchasing firearms. Normalizing gun ownership again is exactly what the USA needs to protect themselves and their neighbors. The AR-15 has been a major symbol and topic of critical discussion in this era of attacking the second amendment. And it is up to us to not only defend the second amendment, but to give others the opportunity to discover gun ownership in a safe and proper way.

Akenett

I wish I would have had this said to me a lot sooner. I would have entered the community a lot sooner with a lot more confidence in my right to purchase and own a firearm. I don't build or buy 80%, but I do think gun ownership should be heavily expanded on from what it is currently.

Banditintcat

I always thought 80 percenters were pretty shady. And that is just simply because there is no way to funnel law abiding citizens in from the possible criminals that could be purchasing them, or smuggling them to other countries. Call me a bit paranoid, but I am completely ok with purchasing firearms from a trusted dealer.

snowflake

I appreciate the guide and all but we are in 21st century. If someone doesn’t know how to access the internet and perform a simple research. I am not even going to go into the details here. But I think you guys get the point.

Banditintcat

I appreciate the guide and all but we are in 21st century. If someone doesn’t know how to access the internet and perform a simple research. I am not even going to go into the details here. But I think you guys get the point.
I think we should be a little bit friendlier to the members who are coming here to obtain the knowledge you are scolding them for searching for. Doing productive research is as easy as keeping your mouth shut when people are looking for information they need, ie not your opinion.

Lewiski

Do you guys think that Google will sensor gun communities? It's a thought because everywhere on social media there is Google on hot seat. News sources claiming that they rig elections and sensor things on their platform that's not into their political interest with the elites they work with. What you guys think about this?

Kronos

Administrator
Staff member
Do you guys think that Google will sensor gun communities? It's a thought because everywhere on social media there is Google on hot seat. News sources claiming that they rig elections and sensor things on their platform that's not into their political interest with the elites they work with. What you guys think about this?
Even if they sensor finding us, our community here will never be censored we honor the constitution and everyone here has a freedom of speech