What's new
Florida sheriff encourages residents to shoot looters breaking into homes

Donald Trump Just Signed a Defense Production Act

GunBuyer

tyson

Things are going to heated with the defense production act getting activated. That's a big deal.

scumbaga

I am not so educated on Defense Production Act. Can someone enlighten me? What is it? and Why is it important?

Fallen Heros

I am not so educated on Defense Production Act. Can someone enlighten me? What is it? and Why is it important?
We wouldn't be a good community members if we don't help each other out wouldn't we :LOL: I got you my friend.

Basically, The defense production act authorizes the president of the United States to force manufacturing companies to prioritize government contracts and any orders seen as necessary for the national defense, with the goal of ensuring that the private sector is producing enough goods needed to meet a war effort or any other other national emergency.

Underworld Player

You know everyone actually thought that Donald Trump would become a dictator with this act in motion. But instead, President Trump used this as a strategy to control the domestic industries. He has used the law to crack down on hoarding, limit exports of medical goods, and increase production of critical supplies. For now, but also it makes sense to see why the firearm market is dry. Maybe all the big manufacturers are working with the government in private that's why their online distributes don't have the supply of products right now.

gauging

You know everyone actually thought that Donald Trump would become a dictator with this act in motion. But instead, President Trump used this as a strategy to control the domestic industries. He has used the law to crack down on hoarding, limit exports of medical goods, and increase production of critical supplies. For now, but also it makes sense to see why the firearm market is dry. Maybe all the big manufacturers are working with the government in private that's why their online distributes don't have the supply of products right now.
What makes you say that because of defense production act the gun market is dry at the moment?

Underworld Player

What makes you say that because of defense production act the gun market is dry at the moment?
Origin of DPA was passed in September of 1950 at the start of Korean War. This DPA was actually modeled on the war powers acts of 1941 and 1942, which gave President Franklin D. Roosevelt sweeping authority to control the domestic economy during the WW2. Going back in the time we produced a ton of artillery.

So with this being said, The current version of the law still gives the executive branch substantial powers. It allows the president, largely through executive order, to direct private companies to prioritize orders from the federal government. The president is also empowered to “allocate materials, services, and facilities” for national defense purposes, and take actions to restrict hoarding of needed supplies.

I don't know for sure that all manufacturers are working with the U.S. government right now but it just makes sense that they could be.

snowflake

Things are looking pretty insane in this country right now. But hopefully things end well so we can go back to peaceful world.