What's new
Florida sheriff encourages residents to shoot looters breaking into homes

AR 15 to M16 JIG

GunBuyer

Hey guys. Alright, down to business: AR 15 to M16 Jig. Does anyone know of a trusted source where I can get this jig for myself? What’s my best option, and who do you guys go with? There are couple of more questions that I would like to ask. I am just not finding answers online.

Last edited:

Testiff

The real question is what are you trying do? or you just asking the question because you are curious to know?

tyson

So I have the 5D Tactical EasyJig Pro and have gotten quite good at using it to cut 80% lowers. Its easy to use and the results are very nice.

As I understand it, the jig cuts the lower with the rear shelf area to be spec for a semi-auto ONLY AR.

Is there a jig on the market that would cut that rear area to allow for the insertion of M16 parts?

I realize you are not allowed to drill the hole for the auto sear pin, but what about a jig that mills that rear shelf to spec to allow AR or M16 parts in it, if the builder was properly licensed?

Baltica

No real reason to make one for the market, you would have to be a FFL 7/02 SOT to manufacture a FA gun if you had a letter to do so.

That said, if you are familiar with the blue prints on a M16 it is not hard to free hand one after you have done the fire control pocket to AR semi auto specifications.

There are however some companies that sell lowers that have the correct cuts for the FA FCG.

With all of the stuff going around these days, I don't know that I could recommend doing one, nor would I recommend having a M16 Lower parts kit on hand unless you are actually an FFL.

Quattro

So I have the 5D Tactical EasyJig Pro and have gotten quite good at using it to cut 80% lowers. Its easy to use and the results are very nice.

As I understand it, the jig cuts the lower with the rear shelf area to be spec for a semi-auto ONLY AR.

Is there a jig on the market that would cut that rear area to allow for the insertion of M16 parts?

I realize you are not allowed to drill the hole for the auto sear pin, but what about a jig that mills that rear shelf to spec to allow AR or M16 parts in it, if the builder was properly licensed?

Not a good idea!

BATF wouldn’t appreciate a lower being cut to M-16 internal dimensions. They have declared cutting a FAKE Sear pin hole to constitute manufacturing a machine gun.

tyson

No real reason to make one for the market, you would have to be a FFL 7/02 SOT to manufacture a FA gun if you had a letter to do so.

That said, if you are familiar with the blue prints on a M16 it is not hard to free hand one after you have done the fire control pocket to AR semi auto specifications.

There are however some companies that sell lowers that have the correct cuts for the FA FCG.

With all of the stuff going around these days, I don't know that I could recommend doing one, nor would I recommend having a M16 Lower parts kit on hand unless you are actually an FFL.
I can see what you mean about there not being a real market to make them, other than just to make the jig M16 compliant so you could use it for either build as long as you didn't put in the auto-sear hole.

Not sure I'm ambitious enough to try to modify one of my completed receivers free hand to M16 spec. Was hoping a tool existed that would let me do it with a drill press or my existing 5D Tactical jig.

I have no intention of making an actual M16 receiver - just wanted to challenge myself a little and see if I could modify the internal dimensions to true mil-spec.

carrona

If you look at the given source by the OP @Fressity Did you guys notice that website requires you to add your FFL 7/SOT information to the order, that would lead me to believe that it is only selling to legal manufactures of firearms.

Ravenous

Guys here is the bottom line, It's not illegal to have M16 pocket dimensions, just the extra hole, but there is no real reason to do it.