What's new
Florida sheriff encourages residents to shoot looters breaking into homes

AR 15 For Dummies Book

wholla

I am starting to learn everything I can about my new passion, the AR 15. I want to understand this rifle, how it is made, its history, and how it operates. Everything, from A through Z. I’ve come across some guides on AR 15 blogs and other forum communities, but I couldn’t seem to find any simple guides. Like a guide for super newbies. Everything seems pretty complex that's out there, at least online. I know every industry has that industry simplified “ ...For Dummies” book that teaches you from the ground up. I am looking for that information. An AR 15 for dummies book. Does something like that exist? If you guys can provide me with a link where I can go buy, that would be awesome, as well as any other books, which would be cool, as well.

Baltica

I was gonna see what comes up on Google by simply typing in the search term but I guess Google is so against guns that they even removed all the AR 15 books from their shopping search.

Google Search .png
It's sad that they did that. Censorship is a serious issue nowadays.

Anyhow, this website
Survival Sullivan actually has a pretty good AR 15 guide for beginners and it is for FREE. Remember you don't always have to pay for the information there are some good ones out there!!!

Sniper

Way the future is headed, you will need to download the knowledge on CD's, Flash Drives and keep it at safe place so that whatever happens in future the knowledge doesn't get lost. It's sad that Google is Anti-gun. But hey, watch ya gonna do?

I can recommend you this book: AR 15 Guide it's pretty good and super basic!

Marcus

Actually that be pretty sweet if there will be a section for books on this forum. Maybe survival etc.

Almond

Just go on YouTube dude, you will find any information you need for free. Also online influencers are pretty chill too if you ask them your questions on Instagram DM, you can really gain some great intel by directly contacting the influencers that provide value information in regards to what you are searching for

oven

It be nice if the mods from this forum would release some detailed educational guides we can utilize or new members who are now getting into this world could benefit from.

Frankie J

I am starting to learn everything I can about my new passion, the AR 15. I want to understand this rifle, how it is made, its history, and how it operates. Everything, from A through Z. I’ve come across some guides on AR 15 blogs and other forum communities, but I couldn’t seem to find any simple guides. Like a guide for super newbies. Everything seems pretty complex that's out there, at least online. I know every industry has that industry simplified “ ...For Dummies” book that teaches you from the ground up. I am looking for that information. An AR 15 for dummies book. Does something like that exist? If you guys can provide me with a link where I can go buy, that would be awesome, as well as any other books, which would be cool, as well.
what your looking into is not important to understand the gun today. however the history in its self is unique. don't bother your self with knowing every detail as its ever changing and going off in new directions, AR is short for armalite, however the majority of kits or 80% you buy are not AR but rather DPMS designed lowers similar to the AR platform. Brownells has developed its own version of the system they market under a new name that is similar as well as the Israeli Tavor uses AR/DPMS parts. i'm here to help, and any specific questions please feel free to ask.